Monday, May 23, 2005

Pure, complete, utter Bullshit

That's my first blush anyways... I just don't understand it: the poll numbers were behind us on this, we were in the right for a variety of historical and pragmatic reasons, we finally found our collective nutsack on this and social security, and then we lay down for a compromise that lets the three most noxious nominees through?!?

WTF?!? Might as well have played out the string... I really think the people who have flipped on 'em. Instead, we let the crybabies have their lollypop.

This is similar to one of Bush's first tax cuts... everyone thought he was going for about $600 billion but then he came out for an obscene $1.3 trillion. The Dems drew a line in the sand: $1.1 trillion, and not a cent more!

Ass clowns... maybe my mind will change once I read more on it, but right now I am absolutely DHP.

Update: Get this crap...

Reid said the agreement sent President Bush, Vice President Cheney and what he called the "radical arm of the Republican base" the "undeniable" message that "abuse of power will not be tolerated."

Yeah, you sure showed them... if I am the Republicans, I am laughing hystarically at the outcome. The only one who isn't laughing is Frist, who was given an unequivocal all-nominees-or-no-presidency-for-you order from Dobson, et. al.

I will bet you that when Renquist kicks the bucket, they will offer up someone awful and will pull the same shit at the first hint of a filibuster (regardless of the actual text of the deal). AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home