Monday, May 23, 2005

Books I have not read...

Ok, I will play along with the latest book meme... like Kevin said, this is almost too easy as there are several "biggies" I have never read:

1) Crime and Punishment: This is one of The Wife's favorite books, and I realize it has the label of "classic," but I really couldn't get past the first couple hundred pages... hey jerk-off! I realize you are depressed and all, but please get off the couch and advance the plot a little! Aaargh!

2) The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: I know, it's an absolute crime. Most people have read this in middle school or something, but my school district absolutely stunk and Huck Finn wasn't on the book shelf at home.

3) Dune: I loved the original movie, as well as the SciFi Channel's remakes. It's a geek classic, and I even own the next five or six books. Inexplicable.

4) The Jungle: I include this for two reasons... first, mudraking is like ambrosia to liberals. Second, the book isn't that long, and I am embaressed that I was unable to stay focused when I made an attempt at it a couple years ago.

5) The Carolina Way: Nor have I read A Coach's Life... any proper Tar Heel should have these Dean Smith books on their shelves at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home