Monday, April 25, 2005

Red Beer

No, not a red ale or anything... "red beer" is a drink favored by the locals here in Sioux Falls which, in its most basic form, is a domestic beer mixed with tomato juice and green olives. Kinda like a beer version of a Bloody Mary (and some folks do in fact use Bloody Mary mix). So I decided to try one... when in Rome and all that. How was it you ask?

Eh.

I am not a fan of tomato juice or Bloody Marys and stuff like that, so I wasn't surprised that I didn't really care for it. I think part of the problem was the use of a domestic beer (Coors Light in this instance)... something a little more hearty could have helped.

The olives floating at the top were a little disconcerting as well... to quote Norm from Cheers, the only thing I want floating in my beer is my liver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home