Sunday, April 24, 2005

More items you won't see in the MSM

Via Kevin Drum via Atrios, we see that Dubya axed folks from the US delegation of techies sent to a telecom standards meeting if they contributed to Kerry's campaign.

Got that? No? Shake your head three times and try again... yeah, it didn't work for me either.

This is admittedly a kind of weird add-on to this post, but bear with me... for years I have had fantasies on "if I could do it over again" lines. Some of these deal with issues of real import, but I am a little ashamed to say that quite a few are rather petty, and most of those have to deal with kids who made my grade school and middle school days rather unpleasant. In essence, there were several kids of my age group who were the bane of my existance in large part due to the fact that they knew I wouldn't beat the crap out of them no matter how fed up I got (I was too much of a good kid and too afraid of what my parents would do to me). Subsequent fantasies have revolved around how I would pummel them if I ever got to turn back time, consequences be damned.

All that is a long way of getting to this point: despite how strongly I feel about the scars from my childhood, the fantasies I have about inflicting just retribution, physical or otherwise, upon certain people in the current political landscape dwarfs almost all of those I have had previously. Not very civil or grown-up feelings to have, but then these assholes are callously fucking up our country and world so badly that I just don't think sitting down with them to talk about my feelings is going to cut it.

(Wow... seems like that story was the straw that broke the camel's back, eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home