Sunday, April 24, 2005

Getting off on the right foot...

Hmmm... Benedict takes another hit... (via Atrios)

As I have mentioned previously, I was baptized Catholic, but I don't think I will ever, EVER, be able to regularly attend a Catholic Church, no matter how liberal that given church might be. Between the profound level of sexism, the absurdity of the hierarchy, the worship of the Virgin Mary and saints, their disdain for other denominations regarding communion, and their pronouncements of homosexuals being "evil," I don't even need crap like this to help keep me away from their doors.

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2005 at 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 points of clarification:

1. Catholics don't worship Mary or the saints, they merely ask Mary and the saints to intercede on their behalf.

2. Catholics do not disdain the communion of other religions - they just have different beliefs about communion and would prefer that you did not take communion at the Catholic church if you don't have those beliefs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home