Saturday, April 23, 2005

Damn

The Browns took Braylon Edwards... I would have loved for him to have fallen to the Bears. The word from most draftniks is that the Bears will take a RB now (Cadillac Williams or Cedric Benson).

However, as I noted here, there are tons of RB's to be had right now around the league (Travis Henry, Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander) and the position is probably the easiest to address in later rounds in any year, not just this one.

So what should they do? I would take Mike Williams, but I don't know if the Bears have the stones to take him at the #4 slot. Perhaps they could try to trade down, but the draft is considered weak at the top this year so the chances of that are unlikely. I imagine they will take Benson, who is more of a bruiser and is thought to be able to carry a larger load than Cadillac Williams.

Update: Benson it is. I sure hope he pans out. The kid has a lot of mileage on him and has had some character issues in the past. I know I thought that Mike Williams would less Moss and more Keyshawn, but with his size and hands... I just hope the Bears didn't miss a big one.

Hmmm... Cedric's crying... is it joy or because the Bears selected him?

Update: Aaron Rodgers slips into double digits after the 'Skins go with a corner... and the camera keep on training their lenses at him... awkward!

Update: Holy shit! The Lions took Mike Williams after taking Charles Rodgers and Roy Williams the past two years... the pundits said, Joey Harrington has no excuses now, but I am not terribly certain about that. McCown in Arizona has three very good young receivers but failed to produce (of course, the Lions don't have the RB issues the Cards have, and I don't know much about the relative strengths of their lines). However, it will be very interesting to watch them if and when they get those three guys on the field at the same time.

Also, what happens now to Az Hakim and his big contract?

Update: Man... where the hell is Rodgers? The Packers are up at #24; will they take him as a replacement for Favre? Washington is next... are they happy with Patrick Ramsey? I don't like Rodgers, but I am surprised that nobody has taken him yet or that there has not been a trade up to get him. But hell, at this point Auburn's Campbell might go ahead of him. I think Campbell is the better QB for his arm, mobility, poise, and accuracy, but apparently there are questions on his intelligence for the NFL (14 or something like that on his Wonderlic, whereas Alex Smith had a 40).

Update: Rodgers to GB at #24 (finally)... he can thank Akili Smith, Kyle Boller, and Jeff Tedford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home