Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Dollar and Foreign Investments

This post by Drezner on an ancedote exemplifying the power that foreign markets have over the dollar made me think of my recent annual meeting with my stock broker (I invest the full limit annually in Roth IRA's for retirement)... anyway he (roughly) said:

I think it is time to diversify a little more, and I would recommend foriegn investments. They have been hit pretty hard in the past, but have stabilized and are on their way up... love him or hate him, the President is obviously maintaining a weak dollar policy, so the time to do this is now.

Hmmm... that doesn't jive too well with his rhetoric on maintaining a strong dollar policy, does it? Of course, most everything he says doesn't match up too well with reality, so this is par for the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home