Thursday, December 16, 2004

Cris Collinsworth sucks

The post was started a long ago, but while the data is old I am still DHP so it gets posted nonetheless.

I was watching the Bears/Cowboys game, and Cris Collinsworth was working the game as a color man along with Troy Aikman. I never realized how much I really hated Collinsworth until today, especially with the comparison available with Aikman. Time and time again, Collinsworth has made inane comments and observations that are right out of the Joe Theismann School of Awful Color Commentary.

While I do like Aikman as knowledgeable and someone who is not afraid to criticize when appropriate, I am left wondering where all the good color commentator are… Joe Theismann and Paul McGuire make me want to kill someone (like, say, Joe and Paul), Madden has turned from entertaining into sad over the past few years, Dan Dierdorf should never have been in the MNF booth, Dan Fouts is simply overwhelmed by the job, etc. It is at the point that it is better to watch the game without the sound on.

Just sayin’…

P.S. How the hell is Jonathan Quinn still drawing a paycheck in the NFL? Hell, I could do better than him… and I’m not kidding: I honestly think I could. You certainly couldn’t do much worse.


P.P.S. I watched the Mavs and Rockets the other night... aside from Dirk and McGrady's shoot-out, I really enjoyed Steve Kerr. Not as polished as the Czar, but he has a lot of potential.

1 Comments:

At January 5, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home