Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Crackdown on the meltdown…

By this time, I have gotten my wish to see some of the fights between the Pacers, Pistons, and the Piston fans, but I still don’t really know what I feel about the whole sordid affair.

I don’t think that the NBA really had much choice but to drop the hammer has hard as they could in order to combat the thug image that is coursing through the game, and I do have respect for that.

But on the other hand, 73 games?!? Kermit Washington damn near killed Rudy Tomjanovich and got about a third as many games under suspension… no matter what you think about Artest, 73 games is kinda silly in comparison (and that doesn’t even count possible playoff games). Hell, in that light Rudy should be the most pissed off by Artest’s suspension… I know I would be insulted by the comparison!

But then again, I do think that the other suspensions are pretty fair relative to Artest's penalty… it was an ugly brawl and a lot of people share the blame.

But then again, Artest has a rather striking (sorry, bad pun) history of prior acts… perhaps that should factor in quite a bit.

But then again, the “fans” deserved some of what they got (and more in some cases, like for those who threw chairs)

But then again, Artest only got hit with a coke…

But then again, where the hell was the security?!?

Ugh…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home