Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Putin the Pickpocket

I only have time for a short post today, so I will get to the point: this is total bullshit.

None of the reports this morning had Kraft giving it as a gift, and there were even some quotes stating that was not the case. Putin just slipped it in his pocket and jetted, leaving Kraft standing there completely dumbfounded as to what just happened and what he should do next.

Of course, the Patriot's media relations recovered quickly... as major news outlets tried to verify the event, Kraft was "traveling" and "could not be reached"... and if you believe that I have bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Having bought some time to consult folks in places that I would image would include the White House, the "official" line was trotted out to avoid provoking an international incident and puncturing the facade of Putin that Bush has tried to create in the mind of the public.

Not that I give a rat's ass about all this... rather I just thought it was fun to watch it unfold and see the media just swallow it all without really looking into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home