Friday, May 06, 2005

Aggrevating Religious Notes of the Day

ABC breaks its own "long-standing policy" in accepting an ad from Mullah Dobson's Focus on the Family after denying one from the United Church of Christ.

Judge says it is OK for a County Board of Supervisors to limit invocations to only those of Judeo-Christian origin.

More "Intelligent Design" crap in Kansas

And last, but most certainly not least, East Waynesville Baptist Church has just kicked out all its Democratic members. (Yeah, that's in North Carolina... I am oh so proud)

Atrios would like to see the Justice Department revoke their tax-exempt status, and I am all down with that... George Carlin has a great line in one of his routines about churches in this country: Tax 'em. If they want a seat at the table, then make 'em pay the fuckin' admission price.

The video of the news segment is here

3 Comments:

At May 6, 2005 at 11:47 AM, Blogger bpi said...

Ah! You beat me to it!

I was in the process of posting about that Waynesville Baptist Church fiasco. I'm surprised you used the term 'aggravating' to describe that one. That should make you downright DHP! It pisses me off!

 
At May 6, 2005 at 12:20 PM, Blogger DHP said...

I am too stunned right now to be pissed... I keep on waiting for some blog to post that it was all a big joke... even with all that has happened, I am literally having a very hard time believing this...

 
At May 6, 2005 at 12:59 PM, Blogger bpi said...

Dude...it's for real.

I watched the video. The pastor won't comment except to say that it's not 'political'.

I believe it solely based on things that religious Republican friends of mine have said in the past. Scary stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home