Friday, April 29, 2005

Oh, Mr. Drudge...

I know reading the Drudge Report is hazardous to my health, but like watching bad tv shows, I can't help myself sometimes.

So, I went by there this morning and found this headline splashed right across the front in giant letters:

HAWK HILLARY MOVES ON N KOREA
I thought she must have said something about being more aggressive with North Korea, so I read the NY Times article it linked to. This is the title of the article:
U.S. Aide Sees Nuclear Arms Advance by North Korea
Hillary Clinton is only referred to twice in the article and this is what she says:
When asked by Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York during a hearing on Thursday whether "North Korea has the ability to arm a missile with a nuclear device," Admiral Jacoby responded, "The assessment is that they have the capability to do that, yes ma'am."
and
In an interview on Thursday, Mrs. Clinton called Admiral Jacoby's statement "the first confirmation, publicly, by the administration that the North Koreans have the ability to arm a missile with a nuclear device that can reach the United States," adding, "Put simply, they couldn't do that when George Bush became president, and now they can."
What about that sounds hawkish to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home