Monday, March 21, 2005

Rubella is gone in the US

Some nice news:

"A disease that once seriously harmed tens of thousands of infants is no longer a major health threat, thanks to a safe and effective vaccine and successful immunization programs across the country," CDC Director Dr. Julie Gerberding told a Washington news conference.

"We should take pride in this accomplishment, and also recognize that we must maintain our vigilance or we can see a resurgence of disease."
Of course, I have to go and screw up the nice feeling I got from this bit of good news by getting all DHP thinking about the dumbasses who refuse to immunize their kids due to what conspiracy brother or whoever told them... sigh.

Oh, one other thing... Name Drop of the Month: I met Dr. Gerberding last year... I also had a pretty good conversation with her while I drove her to the airport (she REALLY channels DHP when she talks about the mendacity of the cigarette companies).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home