Friday, March 18, 2005

1991

1991.

That was the year that a plurality of Americans thought interracial marriage was ok. Honestly, I think I am probably more shocked than Atrios.

The weird thing is that it really has me of two minds... on one hand, it really chills me that the public was just coming around to this position so incredibly recently. But on the other hand, it seems that the acceptance of interracial marriage has really seemed to pick up steam the last couple of decades... that gives me some hope for people on several other issues.

Of course, tomorrow my optimism will be squashed as I will read something like how the Pope re-iterated his stance that homosexuality is an evil lifestyle and furthermore pronounced that the Will and Grace is a horrible show and should not be watched by anyone.

(OK, I agree with the last part)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home