Monday, February 21, 2005

Did Arnie pull a Bush-like fast one?

I have little respect for Gov. Arnie... the CA public apparently loves him, but that's only because the euphoria they are feeling is preventing them from realizing that he is actually stabbing them in the back. I have talked about this on previous posts and have mentioned his more egregious lies (particularly regarding his lavish borrowing), but apparently I didn't know quite how bad it was.

I had an old Arianna Huffington column sitting in my inbox that I didn't read until right now, and what really struck me was how incredibly similar he is compared to Dubya's first campaign. Both talked the game about how they were different kinds of conservatives, where going to do this and that, etc. etc. But neither offered any details, and when they got in office, they promptly rejected many of their own campaign promises and leapt to the right. Arnie still maintains a few vestigates of his campaign like his unwillingness to launch ant-gay rhetoric, but then again he hasn't exactly supported bids for gay rights.

It is amazing how people got suckered a second time... I will admit that I was a part of it. I am a NC citizen now so I didn't get to vote, and wouldn't have voted for Arnie anyways, but when he got elected I thought "Well, at least he seems independent and willing to buck the White House."

There is being wrong, and then there is "The Sun orbits the Earth" wrong...

I hope the voters wake up prior to the next electoral cycle, and that the Dems get someone better than that lightweight Cruz that they offered up last time (I like Angelides... he seems like he wants to sick it to Arnie at every turn and expose his dishonesty on the numbers)

Anyway, go read the column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home