Monday, January 10, 2005

Why I don't attend mass

I doubt I will ever regularly attend Catholic mass (despite being baptized Catholic and having a Catholic wife) because of crap like this.

I mean, really... between, this, the perpetration and cover-ups of sexual acts on children, the church's virulent stance on sexual identity, their sexist hierarchy, their ridiculous policies on birth control, stem cells, abortion, and in-vitro fertilization, and their exclusive policy on communion (I was confirmed, but in a protestant church which apparently isn't good enough), I get quesy even setting foot in a Catholic church, let alone attending one regularly.

I don't care if it is Jesuit or whatever liberal diocese... I think that my tithe offering and I are better off elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home