Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Scandals

Salon counts 34 Republican scandals from Dubya’s first term… watch an ad to get a free day-pass into Salon and read through the list.

As is pointed out in the article, the nation was said to be suffering from “scandal fatigue” towards the end of the Clinton Administration (despite the fact that the “scandals” produced nothing at all)… the raw material to work with from Bush’s first term is of much higher scandal quality, but nary a peep from the media on most of them, and the others have been forgotten. See for yourself; I consider myself rather well-informed, but while reading the list I often said to myself “Damn, I forgot about that one!” Salon labels this media inattention “scandal exhaustion.”

Side note: Check out the author’s name: Peter Dizikes. With a name like that, I wonder how proud he is of his pizzle… think he has a framed copy in da hizzouse? I say fo’shizzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home