Saturday, August 20, 2005

Gas Prices

Hmmm... it has been over two weeks since my last post. I have been amazingly busy with my dissertation data collection, and things will continue to be slow for at least another month.

However, I did want to pop in and note that I just paid $45 for a fill-up (and I wasn't exactly running on fumes).

That's obscene for our culture... I would love to have even higher prices (from taxes, etc.) but we just don't have the infrastructure for alternative modes of transportation that other countries do. I also wouldn't mind so much if corporate profits were normal, but they are making money hand over fist.

The silver lining here is that I think more and more of the population has become interested in green technology, particularly hybrids. Hell, even a lefty like me has started to really look at the Prius and others for our next car, so hopefully this will lead to economic pressures that aid the greener industries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home