Sunday, July 03, 2005

More on the bill coming due...

Conservative anti-abortion groups are already trying to kill a Gonzo nomination...

Me? I'm all for it. Some have suggested that Dubya will throw up a softball for the Dems to reject and then nominate the one they really want (a "consensus candidate") in the second round. This would not be unlike their dealings on tax cuts... expect $600 billion, president wants $1.2 trillion, and the Dems cave for $1 trillion.

However, on this one, I think the Dems would be able to step aside and let the conservatives take the heat and save their firepower for other candidates. Do I want Gonzo to be the one? Hell no... he should never have been AG, let alone a SC justice. But if his nomination is basically DOA and it will fracture the conservatives, I say do it... I don't think it will be worth the gains they will make in the latino population.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home