Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Name dropping...

Legal Affairs has just come out with their 20 Greatest Legal Thinkers, and as it turns out, I have met one of them: Erwin Chemerinsky

Chemerinsky was a visiting prof from USC when I met him at a party during the Wife's first year at dook law (Chemerinsky has since taken a position at dook). The Wife had previously spoken at length about his combined brilliance and humility, and that was exactly what stuck me when I met him... I ended up talking to him for quite a while on issues ranging from soup to nuts, and he was smart, affable, laid back, and entertaining in a geeky sort of way.

Alas, I should not be relying on this list for name-dropping... Chemerinsky seems like a brilliant legal mind (in my non-legal opinion), but the list is not worth the webspace it is hosted on for one reason... the presence of Thomas? That would be sufficient, but no. Scalia? Close, but no.

Paul Gigot

Seriously, they should have put a warning label on their article before posting it... just reading that made my head spin. I realize that this list was comprised from a reader poll, but damn...

Update: OK, I was just unconscious for several minutes after posting that first section... why? Because I just realized that Glenn Reynolds (i.e. Instapundit) is also listed.

It's one thing to vote for a dishonest hack of an op-ed page editor... it is another thing entirely to vote for a retarded chimp of a dishonest hack of blogger.

Speaking of which, what is up with the blogger commentary in the article? Just because it contains a few bloggers (Volokh, Reynolds, Lithwick) doesn't mean we are going to withhold criticism... the list is damn near complete crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home