Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I see Paris, I see France...

... I am giving you a $50 fine for being able to see your underpants!

OK, look... I think the baggy-pants-under-the-asscheek look for male teens is pretty retarded, and the hip-hugger jeans that expose a bit of a girl's thong are definitely not going to be found on my non-existant daughter... although I certainly don't mind one bit if they are on some other schmuck's daughter, particularly if she is hot.

Bygones.

My point here is that while I think it is stupid, it is not really indecent per se, and is also probably not enforcable to any meaningful extent. Not only do you have the issue with the vague terms of "lewd and indecent" but what about various other scenerios? What about those sear tops through which you can clearly see a bra? What if some girl is going commando and wearing hip-huggers? You can't see her underwear since she's not wearing any! Hell, let's take this even further... the plumbers would be getting fined all the friggin' time! (Not that I would necessarily have a problem with that... bring an end to plumber's crack!)

Here's another problem... you will get a fine if you expose it, but apparently it is not much of an issue if some dude goes through great lengths to snap pics of your Victoria Secrets for his spank bank.

Finally, it's an absurd waste of legislative time... Virginia has a university that is essentially trying to got private and divorce itself from legislative funding because they have so badly jerked their funding around, yet what they are worried about is what a bunch of crotchity old guys are bitching about in some random barbershop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home